Friday, December 12, 2008

4 Things

At this point, this post is ridiculously outdated, but I've decided I MUST finish it! It's become a point of honor!

4 Things I Did Today (or 6 days ago, in this case)

1. I went to the gym and stayed on the bike for over an hour. With my notoriously short attention span, this is very hard for me to do. So how was I successful this time? I was catching up on my New Yorkers and got caught up in the articles. This one actually had me restarting the time on the bike. I'm a bit of a politics junkie and I enjoy reading all kinds of points of view.

2. I spent a good amount of time watching the weather, then laughing gleefully when the low went north and the TV weather woody was proved wrong. We'll see if I'm still laughing when I leave for home in a few minutes.

3. Consumed an obscene amount of coffee. I had a cup of decaf with my breakfast this morning. I stopped for a 4-shot americano at Tully's on my way to work. This accomplished 2 things...caffeine and saying goodbye to my sister who will be in Canada for the weekend. While at work I've had 2 more cups of decaf. One of the perks of my place of employment is free beverages. This can be dangerous, but hey, at least I get exercise walking to the bathroom once an hour.

4. Spent a decent amount of time ranting to my roomie because I'm by myself at work tonight. I'm feeling a little sheepish about that right now, seeing as the work night ended up being no big deal. It was the theoretical screwing over that had me in a tizzy, and now I'm slightly miffed over the fact that I wasted that energy for nothing!

4 Things On My To-Do List:

1. Finish Christmas shopping. I'm fairly close to done, but need a few more things for certain someones on my list

2. learn a language. Ok, this is a long term to-do, obviously. I would love to learn italian, french, and to brush up on my spanish. I used to be fairly fluent, but a re-scheduling in college (stupidly to get more time off with my now ex-fiance, I might add) led me away from taking more classes once I graduated from high school. I can still understand some of it, and could have a halting conversation if needed. But I want more than that!

3. Get back in better shape. I have all these goals and steps I mean to take, I just need to put my money where my mouth is. I used to be a pretty decent dancer, and it's time I get back to that.

4. stop rolling my eyes every time a certain someone opens his mouth. I'm not 12 years old, and really need to stop acting like it. Yet there's just something about this particular guy that gets on my last nerve and makes me want to punch him. Not good.

4 Guilty Pleasures:

1. Peanut butter. Now to most people, this wouldn't be such a bad thing. It's a fairly healthy food item, right? Well, it's not so healthy if you could eat an entire jar over the course of a two-day weekend. Which I have done more than once. It's gotten to the point where I can't keep it in the house very often because I just don't trust myself

2. Dance movies. I was a tap dancer for 13 years, and I still miss it dearly. After the new year, I'm hoping to go back to classes, in addition to the ballet I took up a few months ago. I love Center Stage, Save the Last Dance, Billy Elliot. If they're on TV I will watch them, no matter how cheesy the plot. I still harbor the little girl fantasy of performing on stage with a company on a regular basis. I don't have the talent for such dreams, but I'll settle for a once a year recital. For now though, I'll continue to live vicariously through the dancers on screen

3. Really good coffee. I live in Seattle, that should be explanation enough. I spend 4 bucks a day on coffee and refuse to feel guilty about that!

4. Bad '80's music. If it was popular when I was little, I still love it. I'm convinced I have the musical taste of someone 10 years older than my actual age, but I don't care. I get teased about it by certain individuals, but I will listen to my 'old lady' radio station with pride!

4 Random Facts about Me:


1. My shoulders are double jointed. It's creepy. It kept me from doing backstroke when I was on swimteam because of the way they pop. I used to be able to link my hands behind my back and pull them over my head. I say used to because I've since built up the muscles around the joint enough that I can't do it anymore, but it used to be a great party trick

2. I have the attention span of a gnat. I was actually diagnosed with ADHD a year ago, but other than acknowledging I have it, I've never done anything for it.

3. I harbor fantasies of being a surfer girl someday

4. 99% of the time I have my nails and toenails painted the same color. Even in the winter when no one will see my feet.

1 comment:

La Belette Rouge said...

I recently posted a post that I wrote last November. Don't believe the expiration date on the side of the box. Just have someone you love taste it for you to tell you if it went bad!;-)