Thursday, November 6, 2008

Election hangover?

So today I'm pondering this. Is it the weather, or just an election hangover? I admit, the past few days have been a whirlwind of emotion. The night before our big national decision found me sleeping like an eggbeater. Tossing, turning, getting up multiple times. On the last trip back to bed around 5 a.m., I passed my younger sister in the hallway. She was on her way to work, and looked rather shocked to see me lurking at such an early hour. I finally gave up around 6:30. I inhaled my breakfast and treked over to my polling place, cast my ballot and earned my "I voted!" sticker. I hit the coffee shop for a much needed americano and some time with my paper journal. I really wanted to document my thoughts on such an important day. I was on pins and needles waiting for the results to come in. My co-workers and I scrambled to make sure every last important video clip was edited and posted. We had been told to keep our celebrating to a minimum, out of respect for others here that didn't share our views. I'll admit, it was hard to keep my elation under wraps, but I think I did well. We made history that night, and I was happy to share in such a moment with people I truly enjoy working with.

2 days later, I'm still exhausted! Which brings me to the quandry....election hangoveror rainy day blues? I slept almost 10 hours last night, which is very rare for me. And yet that didn't seem to put a dent in the sleepiness I'm feeling today. I have a few errands I need to run on the way home, but I'd really rather just jet there and crawl under the covers again. So I'm thinking that after 2 years of campaigning and wondering, my brain is so exhausted it's spilled over into the rest of my body. If it's the fault of the rain we've had all week, I'm probably screwed.

So here's hoping the tiredness will pass and I'll be bouncing off the walls again shortly. I'm hoping to get a few more days like yesterday before winter gets it's hold on the area. I almost crashed my car into the viaduct TWICE on my way to my morning ballet class. Mount Rainier was showing its majestic face, and it was so clear you could see both mountain ranges and the snow that's starting to perch on them. I was so taken with it I had to keep stretching for one more look....and would glance away to discover Izzie drifting perilously close to concrete. The real rocks were a sight to behold, and one of my favorite things about living in Seattle.

No comments: