Wednesday, January 20, 2010

My kind of winter

Photobucket

When greeted with a sky like this as soon as I wake up on what should be a gloomy January morning, I know it's going to be a good day. Being able to walk outside to take the picture with bare feet, because it's just that warm? Yes please!


Photobucket

Flowers coming up in January. On a morning that was already 55 degrees at 10 a.m.. These little sprouts caught my eye on the way to coffee. Already happy that it was so warm, something about the persistence it takes to break from the ground in a winter month made me smile.

In a place that's so gray and damp much of the year, it seems so much more important that I not take the little things, the quick flashes of sun, the breaks in the rain, for granted.

Spring will be here before we know it, right?

No comments: